August 23rd – August 30th, 2016
This week’s live music, theatre, and independent film in Sedona and the Verde Valley.
Featured Sedona Entertainment with Calendar
The Sedona International Film Festival brings great independent film and live events to Sedona all year long, in the state-of-the-art Mary D. Fisher Theatre. Check the film festival website's Coming Attractions page to read the details and see the trailers of these shows or to see what is showing when you come to Sedona.
- Iconic director featured in 'De Palma' - premiering Aug. 19-24
- Critically-acclaimed 'The Innocents' premieres Aug. 19-23
- 'Play: The Documentary' premiere with filmmakers and special guest Thursday, Aug. 25
- 'Absolutely Fabulous: The Movie' hits the big screen Aug. 26-31
- Viggo Mortensen stars in 'Captain Fantastic' - Aug. 26-31
- Ballet Hispanico - Aug. 28 Lincoln Center at the Movies: Great American Dance Series
- Inspiring 'Miss Sharon Jones!' premieres Thursday, Sept. 1
- 'Little Men' starring Greg Kinnear and Alfred Molina - Sept. 2-7
- Comedy 'Don't Think Twice' premieres Sept. 2-7
- Richard III' from Almeida Theatre starring Ralph Fiennes and Vanessa Redgrave - Sept. 4
- 'For the Love of Spock' premieres on 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Thursday, Sept. 8
- Zenprov Comedy Live Show: 'Make America Zen Again!' Sept. 10
- Globe Theatre of London: 'The Merchant of Venice' - Sept. 11
- Norman Lear: Just Another Version of You one night only: Monday, Sept. 12
- Art & Architecture in Cinema: The Papal Basilicas of Rome Monday, Sept. 19
Unless otherwise noted, all performances are in the Mary D Fisher Theatre, 2030 W. State Route 89A, West Sedona. Visit the film festival website or call 928.282.1177 for show times, ticket prices, and to purchase advanced tickets.
When you are in Sedona and looking for fun and entertainment Olde Sedona Bar & Grill is the place to be! With live bands, DJs and Karaoke, and sports on the 7 big screen TVs all the time, there’s always something good going on in this lively restaurant, sports bar, and entertainment venue. Eat, drink and have fun where the locals’ hang out, the Olde Sedona Bar & Grill!
Upcoming Entertainment at Olde Sedona:
- Tuesday, August 23 - All-Star Karaoke, 9pm
- Friday, August 26 - The Mods, 9pm
- Saturday, August 27 - DJ Soulece, 9pm
- Sunday, August 28 - Karaoke, 9pm
- Monday, August 29 - Jam Session, 9pm
- Tuesday, August 30 - All-Star Karaoke, 9pm
Happy hour specials daily 4 - 7 pm with half price appetizers and drink specials. 7 big screen TVs with sports on all the time.
REDS Restaurant and Lounge, located at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa in West Sedona is acclaimed for its lively and comfortable atmosphere.
REDS features live music every evening at 6pm. Plus, Tuesdays feature a Prime Rib Special and Wednesdays feature $5 wine by the glass.
- August 23, Tuesday - Mark Thomas, 6pm
- August 24, Wednesday - Julie Floyd, 6pm
- August 25, Thursday - Darius Lux, 6pm
- August 26, Friday - Lake (Ken Aurich), 6pm
- August 27, Saturday - Randy J Shams, 6pm
- August 28, Sunday - Jeri Brown Duo, 6pm
- August 29, Monday - David Vincent Mills, 6pm
- August 30, Tuesday - Darius Lux, 6pm
More Entertainment Venues
The Old Town Center for the Arts offers live entertainment that ranges from live theater to concerts, and lectures to special events in a dazzling yet intimate venue complete with professional sound and lighting. Conveniently located in Old Town Cottonwood, only 20 minutes from Sedona. For more information and the Old Town Center's event calendar, call (928) 634-0940 or visit their website.
Sound Bites Grill is the fun place to eat, drink, and enjoy top quality live entertainment in Sedona. It’s a unique dining and supper club experience with amazing red rock views, great all natural fresh healthy foods, and stimulating entertainment in the Hyatt Shops at Pinion Pointe. Sound Bites offers dinner specials, wine tastings, and very special “Supper Club” dinner shows, unique to Sedona. Call 928.282.2713 or check out their Entertainment Calendar for more details.
To list your entertainment event on this page call 928.282.1396 or email us.