May 1st – May 3rd, 2015
Indoors, outdoors, nightlife, art and independent film. Sedona always has a great selection of events and entertainment to choose from. Here’s what happening in Sedona and the Verde Valley this weekend.
Ben Stiller and Naomi Watts lead an all-star cast — including Amanda Seyfried, Adam Driver, Charles Grodin and Adam Horovitz — in Noah Baumbach’s comedy “While We’re Young”. A middle-aged couple’s career and marriage are overturned when a disarming young couple enters their lives. Stiller and Watts are Josh and Cornelia Srebnick, happily married middle-aged members of New York’s creative class. They tried to start a family and were unable to — and have decided they’re okay with that. But as…
On the first Friday of each month, from 5:00 – 8:00 pm, members of the Sedona Gallery Association offer a unique monthly showcase highlighting artists, special exhibits, and art events. These special art receptions give locals and Sedona visitors alike the opportunity to enjoy light refreshments while visiting Sedona’s 3 “art destinations”, Hillside Sedona, Tlaquepaque, and Uptown Sedona. This event is free and complimentary tansportation is provided by the Sedona Trolley. For more information, including a map of the tour loop,…
Immerse yourself in a colorful fiesta saluting a rich heritage on Saturday, May 2nd, 2015 at Tlaquepaque. Enjoy the free festivities while cheering and whistling to the music of mariachi musicians, clapping to the steps of folklórico dancers and savoring traditional Mexican foods at Tlaquepaque’s famed El Rincon Restaurante.
Sedona PhotoFest is a series of educational and inspiring presentations on photographic technique, use of digital software and personal artistic perspectives from some of the top photographers in the country. The event takes place over two days, May 2-3, at the Sedona Performing Arts Center. Learn more about the schedule and the many workshops and seminars that are available as well as the photo contest at SedonaPhotoFest.org
Join a naturalist for a “Guided Bird Walk”. Beginning as well as advanced birders are welcome. Rangers recommend that visitors bring their own binoculars. A limited number are available for loan from the Park. No matter the time of day, visitors can check out the many birds who make Red Rock State Park their home. The bird-feeding area behind the visitor center, on the Hummingbird Patio, is an excellent spot to start your tour or to take pictures. Hummingbirds are…
Vote for your favorite chili. Tasting starts at 11:00 am in the Calle Independencia at Tlaquepaque and goes until 4:00 pm. Just $5.00 for kids and $10.00 for adults. Organized by the Rotary Club of Sedona, proceeds will benefit Polio-Plus-Rotary International’s project to eradicate polio worldwide. Winners will be selected for the People’s Choice Award and the Judge’s Award for best flavor, consistency, aroma, and appearance. Beer Garden sponsored by Oak Creek Brewery & Grill.
The Jerome Art Walk continues its momentum with its first Saturday celebration of art. Twenty-five galleries and studios will be open from 5:00 to 8:00 PM with art, music and refreshments. This free event has become a Verde Valley favorite with a shuttle that will transport you from the artist filled Old Jerome High School, up to the center of town with The Lincoln Gallery and Made in Jerome Pottery and The Adorn Collection across from The Legendary Haunted Hamburger.
Featured Sedona Entertainment
The Sedona International Film Festival brings great independent film and live events to Sedona all year long, in the state-of-the-art Mary D. Fisher Theatre. Check the film festival website's Coming Attractions page to read the details and see the trailers of these shows or to see what is showing when you come to Sedona.
- Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence star in 'Serena' - May 1-6
- Ben Stiller and Naomi Watts star in 'While We're Young' - May 1-6
- One night only: 'Planetary' Thursday, May 7
- LIVE performance: Corrie Sachs' Tribute to Reba McEntire and the Great American Songbook: May 8-10
- Morgan Freeman and Diane Keaton in '5 Flights Up' - May 8-13
- Juliette Binoche and Kristen Stewart in 'Clouds of Sils Maria' - May 9-13
- FREE Screening: 'Canvas' Encore Monday, May 11
- 'The Amazing You' premiere with filmmaker: May 14
- Sedona 24-Hour Theater returns for two shows Saturday, May 16
Unless otherwise noted, all performances are in the Mary D Fisher Theatre, 2030 W. State Route 89A, West Sedona. Visit the film festival website or call 928.282.1177 for show times, ticket prices, and to purchase advanced tickets.
REDS Restaurant and Lounge, located at the Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa in West Sedona is acclaimed for its lively and comfortable atmosphere and features live evening entertainment daily.
- Tuesday, May 5, Live Music, 6pm
- Wednesday, May 6, Live Music, 6pm
- Thursday, May 7, Live Music, 6pm
- Friday, May 8, Live Music, 6pm
- Saturday, May 9, Live Music, 6pm
- Sunday, May 10, Live Music, 6pm
- Monday, May 11, Live Music, 6pm
- Tuesday, May 12, Live Music, 6pm
Plus, Tuesdays feature a Prime Rib Special and Wednesdays feature $5 wine by the glass.
When you are in Sedona and looking for fun and entertainment Olde Sedona Bar & Grill is the place to be! With live bands, DJs and Karaoke, and sports on the 7 big screen TVs all the time, there’s always something good going on in this lively restaurant, sports bar, and entertainment venue. Eat, drink and have fun where the locals’ hang out, the Olde Sedona Bar & Grill!
Upcoming Entertainment at Olde Sedona:
- Tuesday, May 5 - All Star Karaoke, 9pm
- Friday, May 8 - The Mike Reeves Band, 9pm
- Saturday, May 9 - DJ DRE, 9pm
- Sunday, May 10 - Karaoke, 9pm
- Monday, May 11 - Jam Session, Open Mic, 9pm
- Tuesday, May 12 - All Star Karaoke, 9pm
Happy hour specials daily 4 - 7 pm daily. Half price appetizers and drink specials. 7 big screen TVs with sports on all the time.
Sound Bites Grill is the fun place to eat, drink, and enjoy top quality live entertainment in Sedona. It’s a unique dining and supper club experience with amazing red rock views, great all natural fresh healthy foods, and stimulating entertainment. In the Hyatt Shops at Pinion Pointe at the junction of Highways 89A and 179 , Sound Bites also offers dinner specials on Tuesdays, wine tastings on Thursdays, and very special “Supper Club” dinner shows, unique to Sedona. Come in for lunch or dinner with a view, and check out the Guitar Gallery while you are there. You’ll leave satisfied and smiling!
- Wednesday, May 6, 6pm, Eric Miller Latin Jazz Guitarist
- Thursday, May 7, 6pm, Ralf Illenberger Award Winning Guitarist
- Friday, May 8, 7pm, Green Light Dance Band, $8 Cover
- Saturday, May 9, 7pm, Esteban Flamenco/Classical Guitar with Teresa Joy & Joe Morris, Tickets starting at $25
- Sunday, May 10, 1-4pm, Steve Sandner Jazz, special guest Susannah Martin, $5 Cover
- Monday, May 11, 7pm, Esteban Flamenco/Classical Guitar with Teresa Joy & Joe Morris, Tickets starting at $25
To list your event or entertainment on this page every week, contact us at 928.282.1396 or by email.